|ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
||JWM Neurology is a premier group of Neurologists and Sleep Medicine physicians in Indianapolis, Indiana. We treat patients with all types of neurological conditions and sleep disorders.
||Documentation and Coding Program Director
The Documentation & Coding Program Director is responsible for researching, developing, and implementing educational programs that adhere to educational best practices, for employed providers on the subject of documentation and coding, both hospital and professional. The Program Director is a subject matter expert in documentation & coding, serving as a resource for internal departments within JWM Neurology. In addition to creating educational programs and materials, the Program Director will also present educational classes to groups of providers and other staff on the subject documentation & coding.
Essential Functions:· Maintains current coding audit program and makes recommendations related to improving/enhancing coding audit and documentation efforts.
· A resource to all business office staff for to coding requirements and documentation interpretation.
· Develops and implements on-going education to all business office staff related to coding requirements
· Provides monthly, individual reports to each provider related to the coding and documentation results for that provider.
· Provides individual training to each provider in order to address documentation opportunities discovered during coding audits and as new coding requirements are published.
· Provides management with monthly reports related to coding activities and overall provider compliance with coding and documentation requirements.
· Assists CFO in developing group education for providers as needed.
· Maintains active awareness of regulatory requirements to ensure JWM Neurology revenue cycle solutions are in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
· Maintains current knowledge of coding and documentation requirements including but not limited to HCC and Value Based Reimbursement.
· Advanced knowledge of ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS.
· Thorough understanding of healthcare compliance with experience in auditing E/M services and providing professional constructive feedback in regard to billing and documentation practices.
· Strong knowledge of chart auditing.
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· Advanced presentation skills.
· Results driven.
· Communication proficiency.
· 5-7 years of experience in physician education and as a certified professional coder.
· Management experience in following functions:
o Supervising coding staff.
o Developing and supervising coding audits.
o Consulting related to physician documentation and coding.
o Providing education to physicians, advanced practice providers, and billing staff related to documentation and coding.
o Providing management reports summarizing coding and education activities.
- Proactively communicates issues or potential issues to leadership.
Education: Minimum High School Diploma and Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification required. Associates degree preferred.
Applicants can apply here