Price Vision Group, a world-renowned cornea, cataract, and refractive ophthalmology practice in Indianapolis seeks to replace a retiring Practice Administrator. Two ophthalmologists and four medical optometrists practice in a state-of-the-art facility including an integrated laser eye facility and separately owned ASC. In conjunction with the Cornea Research Foundation of America, the practice also has a strong clinical research and educational program, conducting a corneal fellowship program training two fellows annually and presenting several continuing medical education courses a year attended by physicians from all over the world. There is no optical adjunct to the practice.
Ideal candidates will have at least five years of practice management experience in a surgical specialty; ophthalmology experience is a plus. Requires in-depth knowledge of practice operations, revenue cycle management, finances and budgeting, marketing, EMR, , personnel law, risk management, workplace safety, compliance, and other regulatory issues pertaining to a medical practice.
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
JOB SUMMARY: This individual is responsible to the Board of Directors for the administration, direction, and coordination of all practice activities except those directly involving professional medical judgment. Direct reports are the Director of Operations, managers of Tertiary and Refractive Clinics, I.T., and Accounting, and Marketing Coordinator.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 5 years medical practice management experience in a surgical specialty.
- Bachelors in Health Care Administration or equivalent work experience. COE or CMPE certification a plus.
- Experience in managing practice operations in a fast-paced clinic environment.
- Experience in preparing and evaluating monthly financial reporting, including provider production reports, accounts receivable, accounts payable, capital asset tracking, and and budgeting.
- Experience with electronic medical records and practice management software packages is essential.
- Experience in negotiating contracts for managed care, employment, equipment purchase/financing, and business services.