JWM Neurology, PC
JOB TITLE: Health Information Clerk
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for preparing charts, scanning and filing documents into the Electronic Health Record.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Office Manager
1. Transmits medical information to requesting parties following legal/HIPAA guidelines for release of information
2. Uses computer to track chart inquires, tasks, patient portal requests and to access other pertinent information.
3. Prepares charts by reviewing each for accuracy and completion before releasing for a patient visit.
EDUCATION: High school graduation or GED. Completion of an accredited Medical Terminology Course a plus.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year of general clerical and computer experience preferred with 1 year medical records experience.
REQUIREMENTS: RHIT preferred but not required.
1. Knowledge of medical terminology and office procedures.
2. Knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation to type simple correspondence.
3. Knowledge of basic arithmetic to make simple calculations.
1. computer programs and applications.
2. type 40 wpm.
3. courteous and professional telephone manner.
1. Ability to sort and file materials accurately
2. Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instruction.
3. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
4. Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
Work may require some hand dexterity for office machine operation. There is frequent stooping and some bending to obtain files and supplies. There is some occasional lifting, up to 50lbs. Work may also require some manual dexterity for using a calculator and computer keyboard.
Work is performed in an office environment around the clinics files. Involves some contact with staff. Work may be repetitious at times.
FULL time position Monday - Friday 8a-5p
LOCATION: 8051 S Emerson Ave (Southside of Indianapolis)
Please email resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
JWM Neurology offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Vision & Dental insurance, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, and Paid Time Off.