Title: Physician – Obstetrician/Gynecologist
Location: Goshen, IN
Description: OB/GYN physician will provide medical care related to pregnancy or childbirth. As well as diagnose, treat, and help prevent diseases of women, particularly those affecting the reproductive system.
Reports To: President and Vice president of Fairhaven Obstetrics and Gynecology, Inc.
1. Understands and follows Fairhaven’s mission/vision statement, organizational policies, and structure.
2. Provides general primary obstetric and gynecological care using generally accepted standards of practice. The physician develops a plan of care for each patient, including complete history, physical examination, diagnosis, appropriate treatment and /or referral, uses all available resources in an appropriate and cost efficient manner.
3. Hospitalizes as needed any patient requiring in-patient care. Provides obstetric and gynecological care according to accepted ACOG standards during the hospitalization.
4. Confers with consulting physicians, mid-level providers, nurses, support staff, patients, and families concerning treatment and care of patients. Makes appropriate specialty and sub-specialty referrals, but maintains responsibility, assuring continuing of care.
5. Performs general gynecological and obstetric surgical procedures, both diagnostic and therapeutic, using both minimally invasive and traditional surgical techniques.
6. Performs gynecological in office and inpatient procedures as appropriate.
8. Provide tubal ligations at the request of patients, at legally permitted age, following thorough explanation and documentation of risks and benefits. Physician will not perform elective abortions.
9. Physician will enter into Collaborative agreements with Fairhaven’s midlevel providers including midwifes and nurse practitioners.
10. Participates in regular call coverage.
11. Participates in health promotion/disease prevention activities. Stresses the importance of preventive health care measures.
12. Supports mid-level providers in supervision and consultation.
13. Participates in quality improvement/assurance activities.
15. Maintains hospital privileges at Goshen Health.
16. Completes records in adequate professional detail, and in a timely manner using Fairhaven’s electronic medical record system.
17. Maintains and acquires knowledge and skills to perform required duties to meet all hospital, state, organizational and licensure requirements.
19. Follows Fairhaven’s protocols and guidelines.
20. Follows established guidelines for use and/or disclosure of protected health information.
21. Advise patients concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
22. Perform cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patients' health and deliver babies safely.
23. Analyze records, reports, ultrasounds, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient and/or unborn child.
24. Other duties as assigned.
1. Unencumbered license to practice medicine in Indiana as an MD/DO.
2. Completion of Accredited OB/Gyn Residency Program
3. Board Certified or Board Eligible in OB/GYN. If Board Eligible, be in the process of attaining Board Certification.
4. Qualified in Basic Life Support.
5. Maintain Neonatal Resuscitation Program certificate.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements:
1. Must be able to speak English clearly and fluently.
2. Must be able to read and interpret clinical data.
3. Must have mobility appropriate to provide care to a variety of patients at an adequate pace.
4. Must have manual dexterity sufficient to perform procedures usually performed in this specialty.
Contact: Emily Fisher @ email@example.com